Web Browser/Operating System Requirements
As of October 4, 2016:
The following technologies are no longer supported:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer 6,7,8,9,10
- Firefox 1.x,2.0,3.0,3.5, and 3.6
- Safari 2,3,4,5 (no Safari browser is supported on Windows)
- Mac OSX through 10.7
- JRE (Java) 5,6
If you use Firefox or Google Chrome, only use the standard browser. Don’t use another version such as one labeled ‘beta’. You can download the standard version of Firefox here and the standard version of Google Chrome here.
* Mobile app versions of these browsers aren’t supported at this time, although users may have success using them.
** Google Chrome versions 42+ and Microsoft Edge do not support NPAPI-type plug-ins, including Java plug-ins and many media browser plug-ins. Blackboard doesn’t support these browsers for use with the Virtual Classroom and Lightweight Chat tools, the multiple-file upload interface, or embedded media that require NPAPI plug-ins for viewing.
Tested Devices and Operating Systems
A variety of devices and operating systems were used to test the supported browsers. Support is not limited to these specific operating systems. The desktop browser versions above are supported regardless of the particular device or operating system on which they run.
Note the following:
- Internet Explorer is only supported in Standards Mode.
- Windows XP is not supported.