As of August 18, 2015:
The following technologies are no longer supported:
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 6,7,8
- Firefox 1.x,2.0,3.0,3.5, and 3.6
- Safari 2,3,4,5 (no Safari browser is supported on Windows)
- Mac OSX through 10.6
- JRE (Java) 5
The following technologies are now supported since our last upgrade:
- OSX 10.9/Safari 7.x support added
- IE11 support added
Supported technologies are listed in the tables below. Find the operating system that you are using and then look across the table to see what web browsers are compatible. You want to use a browser that is either 'compatible' or 'certified' (preferably certified if possible). Only operating systems listed below are supported.
If you use Firefox or Google Chrome, only use the standard browser. Don't use another version such as one labeled 'beta'. You can download the standard version of Firefox here and the standard version of Google Chrome here.
Note the following:
- Internet Explorer is only supported in Standards Mode.
- Windows XP is not supported.
- Blackboard has not been tested with Windows 10. This OS was released after the version of Blackboard that we are using. If this is your OS, do not use the Edge Browser. Use compatible versions of IE, Firefox, or Chrome instead.